Prev: RE: Homeworld Computer Game Next: Re: Thoughts for NAC vs NSL matches! Aka New tech/Modified FB ships

Re: Homeworld Computer Game

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@i...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:45:06 -0800
Subject: Re: Homeworld Computer Game

Brilliant graphics, and nice 3d environment. Unfortunately, the game
does not come with either a difficulty setting or any way of slowing
down time.

As I am not a Real Time Strategy master, I find this game entertaining,
yet difficult. This difficulty, unfortunately, is not revealed in the
free demo (naturally?).

Sometimes the logic behind the single-player missions is somewhat
faulty. eg. "You have just won a pyrrhic victory over the enemy! Now,
you must destroy their base of operations!" Only an idiot would attack
without numerical superiority, let alone being outnumbered 5 to 1.
Unfortunately, the computer assigns you the role of strategic imbecile.

The difficulty is offset, however, by the sheer beauty of the graphics.
Your hopelessy outclassed fleet blows up beautifully.

Paul

Scott Spieker wrote:

> Hi,
>     Does anyone have any input on the new Sierra online computer game
called
> Homeworld?  It's an FT type game with a flair of 3D like graphics.
Does