Prev: Re: Stripping paint ... Next: Re: Stripping paint ...

Re: Stripping paint ...

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@i...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:32:15 -0800
Subject: Re: Stripping paint ...

Oven cleaner is great. It won't eat through plastic like acetone, it
won't chew through metal, it's cheap and leaves a lemony-fresh scent.

For extra bonus points, you could also clean the oven, which inevitably
happens whenever I use oven cleaner for stripping miniatures. I suppose
if you use brake fluid, you could fix your brakes, but the odds are that
the oven needs cleaning more than the brakes need fixing.

If you get oven cleaner on your hands (who needs gloves), you can
neutralize it by pouring vinegar on your hands.

Paul