Prev: Re: [DS] Micro Armour Next: Re: Romans

Re: Romans

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:07:13 EST
Subject: Re: Romans

In a message dated 11/16/99 2:53:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Popeyesays@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 11/16/99 12:30:19 AM Central Standard Time,
>  DracSpy@aol.com writes:
>
>  << Hi,
>   Does anyone have any sigestions on how to put Roman (and other
armies of
>   about the same time) into Stargrunt?  Or any sigestions on how to
simulate
>   battles of that era?
>   -Stephen
>    >>

>  Armati is a good system.

Personally, I'd go with DBM.  For a more Stargrunt scale combat (1to1)
how
'bout using AH's old Gladiator game?  Or one of the RPG combat systems
(HERO
or Rune Quest or GURPS).

Or...

Roman Legionaire:  Armor d4, +2 for close combat (all that HTH training
and
Pilum), late troopers could have darts (close range only, FP 1, Pen
d6--limited shots)

dismounted Cataphractarii would have Armor d6 and higher morale, +1 for
close
combat (lose the benefit of the Pilum but still have lots of HTH
training)...

Sagittarii would have bows...

Assuming that you had a high-tech force going up against scatterred
local
low-tech opposition.

Just a thought or two, anyway.

Rob

Prev: Re: [DS] Micro Armour Next: Re: Romans