Prev: Romans Next: Re: FT the shirt, was: Well, I'm not a vacuumh^H^H^H^H^H^H

Re: [DS] Micro Armour

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:40:32 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS] Micro Armour

DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> I've heard of Micro Armour, but what is is like (rule wise)?

...it varies from the sublime (eg WRG) to the ridiculous (Challenger
2000).
There are large numbers of sets of rules, some quite awful, some pretty
good. The most popular amidst techno-freaks is Challenger 2000, a very
complex set of rules that's quite innacurate as a simulation, but is
very believable since it deals with so many variables.

The rules question is complicated by the fact that under some sets, 1
tank model = 1 tank (ie tactical scale), while in others it equals
anything up to a battalion (operational). Oh yes, and the WW2 vs Modern
vs SF periods (DS-2 is but SF Microarmour)

I prefer the tactical, and Wargames Research Group rules (flawed, but a
good simulation). Others prefer SpearHead, etc etc. See the Miniatures
Page  http://members.xoom.com/minipage/ and look up the appropruate
sections.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Romans Next: Re: FT the shirt, was: Well, I'm not a vacuumh^H^H^H^H^H^H