Prev: Re: World Map? Next: Re: World Map?

Re: [FT] Multi-ship stands

From: "Unless your people get off their encounter-suited butts and do something, I've got nothing to lose!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 06:43:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Multi-ship stands

[...]
>In any case, I don't want to bother with basing them all individually,
so
>I'm toying with the idea of mounting them four to a base.  All the
ships on
>a single base would have the same orders, and all would move
>simultaneously.  Attacks would choose which ship they were hitting, and
>would still use the centerpoint of the base to determine the range.
>
>Are there any aspects of this that I'm not considering, that would
throw
>things out of whack?  The ships will be scenario objectives, not
>combatants, so I don't think that it will matter.  But even so, I'd
like to
>know for certain before I break out the epoxy....

The only consideration I can think of is what are you going to do if one
ship has it's engines suffer one or two threshold checks? As a pirate or
raider player, if I know the whole group is going to follow exactly with
each other, knocking down or out the engines of one ship would ensure my
being able to capture the entire group.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: World Map? Next: Re: World Map?