Prev: Re: NOVAG new web page Next: Re: SG2: TO+E / OrBat Web Site now up

re: Vetrens day

From: dadams@p...
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:53:05 +1000
Subject: re: Vetrens day

Michael Carter Llaneza wrote
<<<
A friend of mine's father won the Silver Star in WWII, I shook his
hand right then and there. He was surprised, so I was annoyed about
America for a while (again, still ?).

My Great Uncle won the Victoria's Cross in WWII, yet the only thing he
had in
his house to show for it was his portrait (All VC winners get 2
portraits, one
for the War Memorial in Canberra and one for their own). He was one of
the most
unasuming person I ever met, yet I was awed to meet him. After all, you
dont get
the Crimean Brass for nothing.	My father said that Reg thought that
others
where just as worthy if not more so than he was, he was lucky to have
the right
people see his actions.

My father said (unfortunately Reg lived in West Wylong, about 500km away
from
where I lived, so I only met the man once before he died) that Reg came
back fom
the war, and just picked up where he left off, working the land. Yet as
'cocky' he was a crack shot, shooting a japanese sniper out of a tree to
the
amaizment to an officer (an action Reg believes helped him get the VC,
apparently the officer was really impressed).

ObGZG: Cpl Reg Ratty won his VC charging 2 Machine gun nests during the
Bougenville campaign. In GZG Terms, the squad was suppressed , but 1 man
made a
desision to do something about it. Can SGII represent this is, or is
this a FMAS
level combat, and can it be actually modeled in the game?

Darryl

Prev: Re: NOVAG new web page Next: Re: SG2: TO+E / OrBat Web Site now up