Prev: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:58:04 EST
Subject: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

In a message dated 11/11/99 7:07:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
monty@arcadia.turner.com writes:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:
>
>  > While pondering the issue of the bugs I suddenly wondered what kind
of
>  > 'terrain' people have played on. Most games I've seen are grass,
hills,
>  > forest, swamp, urban etc. Has anyone actually ever played on
>  > snow/ocean/desert?
>
>  I've had two games that had forces assaulting over a beach from open
>  water. I have to saw that GRAV is really required to do one of these
if
>  there is any significant opposition on said beach. The Defenders were
dug
>  in med tanks and mech infantry with a mine belt.
>  Sometime soon I will do a riverine comabat game with PBRs hover
craft,
>  grav and LCMs.

Speaking of riverine craft--
I am in the process of preparing a scenario (to be run on the 20th at
the
local game shop) that gives one side some riverine forces (as well as
other
stuff) to try and stop an attack force consisting of a high proprtion of
grav
vehicles.  I am even scratch building a small LCM-Monitor type vessel
(just
putting the finishing touches on it now).

In this scenario, just about everything is either grav or hover or boat
(except for the PBI of course).

Rob

Prev: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?