Prev: Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes Next: Transports

Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes

From: "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford@k...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:37:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 02:30:18PM -0600, devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> However, I must say the numbers of just the designed ships, at least
> me, suggest an industrial production and sheer manpower presence in
space
> that boggles MY imagination!

	Think robot mines, refineries and factories. You only need
people when you need flexibility, and I'd imagine by then either the
"AI" is good enough to handle most of the management or there's some
sort of cultural/political/religious reason not to use them.

--
						crawford@iac.net
"DON'T answer messages that make you feel uncomfortable because

Prev: Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes Next: Transports