Prev: Re: OT: Cool looking ships... Next: Tugs & Firing Arcs

Re: firing arcs

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:07:14 EST
Subject: Re: firing arcs

Thanks for clearing this up and showing me where the rules covering
this are.  I guess I should read the rules once in awhile.  :)

I asked this because someone (yes, you who are on the list),
fired two pulse torpedoes at my ship as I was almost dead
center to the line between FP & AP arcs, but both launchers
did not overlap in arcs (FP F FS, AP A AS).  I didn't think this
was right but didn't want to stop the game to look for the rules
covering this.

Glen

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:57:41 -0600
From: devans@uneb.edu
Subject: RE: tugs and firing arcs

***
>Can a target be in two arcs at the same time if it happens to
>be exactly on line between the two arcs?

typically you decide on the arc, either by rolling or the
defender choosing. This is what FT2 says IIRC.

- -= tim jones =-
***

Of course, Tim's answer is perfect, but I'll get pedantic in
case you miss the point.

Effectively, your ship CAN'T be in two arcs at the same time.
Mathematically, it must be in one or the other arc, or on the
line between same.

Pg.9, Core Rules, FTII:
NOTE that it is the CENTRE of the model, or the centre of
its stand if its mounted on one, that is used to determine
the exact location of the ship itself; all distance and
ranges are similarly measured from this centre point.

Prev: Re: OT: Cool looking ships... Next: Tugs & Firing Arcs