Prev: Re: SGII special troops Next: Running games in LA ... was Re: [OFFICIAL] QUESTIONNAIRE....

Re: tugs and firing arcs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:59:27 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: tugs and firing arcs

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, J Noble wrote:

> Now the wrinkle -
>
> Since the tug write up does not talk about linkage for normal
thrusting,
> there should probably be some portion of tug mass set aside for the
> equipment to mate with another ship and allow it to maneuver it with
the
> tug's main drive.  Here's my $.02 -

I'd just include it as the par for the tug. I built a tug out of the Tug

civil craft from GZG. (those were modified to have a modular cargo
section attached to them, the two sections look pretty good). The tug
got
a docking arm (the cherry picker kind of thing from the Ral Partha
Artillery piece, Marksman I think...) below and behind it for attaching
to the umbillical docking port that most craft should have for docking
to another ship for an unrep or for docking with Starbases and such..
I'd not expect a tug to be able to yank a ship along at full thrust just

because of all the issues with doing such things. Tugs usually go really

slow when towing any kind of load.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: SGII special troops Next: Running games in LA ... was Re: [OFFICIAL] QUESTIONNAIRE....