Prev: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names

Re: GZG molds in the US

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:30:34 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG molds in the US

>Not really meaning to complain, however...
>
>So far I have purchased an entire FSE fleet.  While I like the
>design the miniatures really look like they were made from
>worn molds.  I thought this was a GZG thing and I'd just live with
>it.  Now I have the new UNSC SDN and several other oddball miniatures
>(rednecks, martians, big eyed short aliens, not-Xena) and the
>casting quality on everything that was shipped from the UK is
>outstanding.
>
>Has anyone else noticed a disparity between US and UK castings?
>
>Roger

Hmmm, yes, this HAS been a problem in the past with some of the US-made
castings (I believe it was particularly bad when Simtac were doing the
casting before GeoHex changed supplier, and some old stock of that
period
may still be on sale). This certainly isn't a "GZG thing", we pride
ourselves on the quality of our castings (at least the ones we do here
in
the UK, which are the only ones I get to see or have direct control
over)
and I am not happy with the apparent problems with some of the US
castings
in the past. Rest assured that whatever happens to the US license in the
long run, we shall be tightening up on this considerably and I shall be
trying to monitor the quality as closely as I can (given the big pond in
between us!).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names