Prev: [OFFICIAL] New UNSC ships out!! Next: [GZG/Minis] Another Eureka Update

Re: UNSC SDN-X designs using Beth's EFSB Heavy Beams Systemsconversions

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:14:35 +1000
Subject: Re: UNSC SDN-X designs using Beth's EFSB Heavy Beams Systemsconversions

G'day Bill,

>Thanks for the input!	I was second-guessing myself last night when I
went
>bed about that very thing.  I didn't put shields on the ships, and I
think I
>should have.  I also considered dropping two of the HB projectors for
Class 3
>beams.  I think I will design another set with some structural changes
and
>post them later today.

I was thinking about it more last night and I'd have to agree with
dropping
a couple of the projectors (or upping the size of the capacitor, I
usually
go with a capacitor:projector ratio that gives at least 2 dice per
projector). I was wondering about the lack of pulse torps, was the
rationale that they'd developed the heavy beams as the high end pulse
torp
replacement?

Just in case you're interested my musings on the UNSC SDN went something
along the lines of (haven't actually plugged this in to a designer, this
is
just a concept thing):

Hull about 240-250 (255 max)
Thrust about 3 or 4
FTl (obviously)
Average hull
Double screens
3 projectors linked upto a class 6 capacitor (all arced F)
2x2 arc pulse torps (one FP/F other F/FS)
1 single arc pulse torp (F)
2 SML with a load out of 2 ER SMs each (someone mentioned something
about
missile hatches on the side of the figure?)
6 PDS
4+ FC
Some class 2s or 3s if there's any room left (if some room left but its
pitfully small then class 1)

Have fun

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [OFFICIAL] New UNSC ships out!! Next: [GZG/Minis] Another Eureka Update