Prev: RE: New fighter stand idea. Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X designs using Beth's EFSB Heavy Beams Systems conversions

RE: For an idea of what computer communications in the future wil l be

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:50:13 -0500
Subject: RE: For an idea of what computer communications in the future wil l be

>From other articals I have read on this, NASA chose a poor description
of
what they intend. What they are proposing is to generate a set of
standard
protocols for space data communication. The goal is to be able to
tele-control robots such as the Mars rover and probes. Using a single
protocol for data communications will make it much simpler than using a
different propritary protocol for each probe. Current protocols time out
in
less than 5 minutes. When communicating with Mars or farther, you need a
much longer time. Unfortunatly they used the word "internet" and the
media
jumped on it.

-----
Brian Bell