Prev: RE: [GZG/Minis] Eureka Update Next: RE: New fighter stand idea.

Re: SGII special troops

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SGII special troops

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Steven M Goode wrote:

> I may soon be getting a *bunch* of OOP figs in a trade, and I know
that
> certain types of troops in SGII are not represented by models in the
> line of figs to which the figs in the trade belong.  So, I'll probably
> do a bunch of conversions.  The question is, what conversions?

If you want some conversion advice, see
<http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2figures.html> - it's got some notes on a
variety of conversions I did to GZG 15mm troops, including snipers, EW,
medics, and heavy weapons.

> As far as I can tell, these are the special unpowered infantry troop
> types, the rough number that I think ought to be present in a given
> force, and where they ought to be located, organizationally.	Please
> tell me if you disagree, and why - this is just a rough guess at this
> point.
>
> Sniper - one per platoon at most.  Independant unit?	Detached
element?

Definitly one/plt at most. Maybe only one/company, because snipers are
very powerful. Run them as independants.

> EW - one per platoon at most, in the command squad, plus one in the
> company command squad.

Sounds about right. This is how mine run.

> Heavy Weapons (IAVR, GMS/P, etc) - one per squad (a total of one, not
> one of each kind).

One GMS/P per squad, certainly. Anyone can carry an IAVR, though - so
some/all of your riflemen can have IAVRs as well, and probably should.

> Support Weapon (SAW) - one per squad.

At least one/squad. Maybe two, depending.

> Medic - one per platoon at most.  In command squad?  Another in the
> company command squad?

I'd be tempted to run Medics as independant single figures - nominally
with the company command squad, but detached for action.

> Drone team - one per platoon at most.  Independant unit?

One/plt or less - these guys would probably be from the company level,
attatched to a specific plt for an operation. Independant, again.

> Crew-served weapons - one per platoon at most.  Independant unit.

Yes, and yes.

> What'd I miss?

That seems to be everything - have fun with the conversions, and let us
know how they went.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
      -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	      - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: RE: [GZG/Minis] Eureka Update Next: RE: New fighter stand idea.