Prev: Re: New fighter stand idea. Next: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:08:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

><<<
>Hi folks!
>
>All this talk about anime led me to dive into my comics bin back at my
>parents house. I found a copy of Appleseed! Whoa, I thought, this is
>_years_ ago I read those. So after an afternoon with nose in the world
of
>the great Shirow, I thought of getting my hands dirty and convert some
>landmates from my bitbox. After hitting myself hard over the head,
>recovering from such silly notions, I therefore turn to you.
>>>>

>Ahhh,there is nothing like babes and high powered weaponry :-)
>

>And yes there are a girlie on the onlinecatalogue who's suspiciously
>alike Deunan... *ahem* *shock* There's Briareos! ; )
><<<
>
>That same range also has some landmates in 25mm. They are quite frankly
crap,
>but they are the best approximations for Landmates in that scale.
(Maybe the
>Heavy Gear could work, but they are 15mm, they may look out of scale).
If
>St.Jon
>no longer produces them, Saint Nik at Eureka does, and would proberbly
>mailorder
>to you.

We still make them, but the GZ-05A and B are actually the oldest minis
we
still have in our ranges! They were done  a LONG time ago, and yes, I
agree
they are certainly not up to the standard of current stuff - they were
actually made by a sculptor who created his masters in metal rather than
milliput or greenstuff! We keep them in the range because they DO still
sell, and we've never got round to replacing them..... :-/

Jon (GZG)