Prev: Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation Next: PenAid SMs

Re: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:18:11 +0100
Subject: Re: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again)

Tom Anderson wrote:

> > > i've finally got round to putting together a website (rather than
> > > half-arsed web page) for the Dutch.

[snip]

> > > any feedback will be welcome.

You asked for it <g>

The Schelde-class FF seems to use only 19 of its 20 Mass.

The Holland-class definitely has too few FCs. I know it says so in the
text, but I don't consider 2 FCs on a pulse-torp-and-beam BDN to be a
mere disadvantage - I consider it a crippling deficiency. I'd swap one
armour for an extra FC; it doesn't reduce the survivability of the ship
significantly, but it *does* improve the amount of firepower available
no end - particularly since this ship may well suffer treshold hits
before it has lost all its armour.

The CA has the same problem, but it isn't quite as important for that
one since it only has one pulse torp anyway.

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation Next: PenAid SMs