Prev: Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles) Next: Re: BDN mini

RE: Fighters.... the furball continues...

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:06:05 -0500
Subject: RE: Fighters.... the furball continues...

>From Thomas:

> I liked Noams suggestions of fighter feints. The starburst was "a bit
> much" or at least the image from the movie made me cringe.

Compare it to a group of torpedo fighters. Assuming no PDS, torp
fighters
have a single shot averaging 21 points. A fighter group starburst would
average 9.6 points, possibly twice, to unscreened ships. Less to
screened.
Might be worth playtesting, anyway.

> I'm not so
> sure about LRFC - I'm thinking normal FC must be accurate at LR or it
> would never hit in the first place!

The LRFC are for targeting fighters and missiles specifically.

Prev: Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles) Next: Re: BDN mini