Prev: Re: SGII tactics? Next: Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)

Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:05:59 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation

>> By now I've seen adjustments from +10%-
>> 25% for converting non-FTL ships to FTL equivalent, evening things up
>> tad (1320-1500).

+10-15% should be close.

That makes it less balanced than I would have liked, and the NI victory
more
marginal. In terms of total NPV in that case, the scenario weally was a
wash.

>> In addition, 144 NPV of the NI ships were 8 unarmed, unmanned scouts
>> (the other 5 had a single submunition packs) - utterly useless
against
>> anything but SMs.

> Which, as you probably knew prior to the battle <g>, is one of the
IF's
> main weapons. Defences specifically tailored against your enemy must
> IMO be counted into the force total :-/

I guessed. Laserlight's IF fleet has quite the variety, but I suspected
and
hoped he'd lean toward SMs. Certainly the scouts should be counted.

> Yep. But that depends entirely on the scenario set-up - ie, whether or
> not the HK group is close enough to intervene effectively. In this
> battle they were.

Lesson for any raid scenario setup. Time to intercept is crucial to both
sides and can determine whether the main objective of either opponenet
is
achievable.

Noam

Prev: Re: SGII tactics? Next: Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)