Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: [FT] SMR's

Re: Fighters in space

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:09:34 +1100
Subject: Re: Fighters in space

At 10:10 05/11/99 +1000, you wrote:

>The issue is that sea combat does not really map itself to space
combat.

>In sea warfare, aircraft has a huge speed and range bonus to shps,
because
>aircraft propell themselves through air, not water. If aircaft had to
push
>themselves through water, they would be easier to intercept, have the
same
>limitation as ships (ie less turning capacity, speed limitation due to
friction
>et al).
>
>Darryl

	To me the best way to "map" fighters into FT, particularly if
using vector
movement, would be to move them as say thrust 18 ships and use the
endurance markers not for combat but fuel, each change in direction and
or
V using 1 fuel chit. Could mean a constant rotation for escorting
fighters
needing fuel (just as the enemy missile salvo arrives).

Wilko.

Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: [FT] SMR's