Prev: Sandhurst Next: Re: [FT] SMR's

Re: [FT] SMR's

From: Jon Davis <jdavis5@n...>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 23:42:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SMR's

Laserlight wrote:
> Powered Armor Marines
> Instead of a warhead, SMR's may carry a Powered Armor assault team.
> Each PA trooper (and his shell of radar-and-shock-absorbing foam, plus
> penetration aids) rides a missile.  PDS fire doesn't necessarily kill
> the trooper but it does mean he misses his rendezvous with the target
> ship.

Interesting.  It sounds more like the boarding torpedoes concept in
Battlefleet Gothic than any tactic that may be used in the GZG universe.

Let's see...
As a Marine commandant, I spend $1-2 million for equipment and training
for one PA trooper and then I shoot him out a tube at an enemy ship. :-)

> Penetration Aid
> Each missile in this rack carries spoofers, jammers, radar targets,
> etc, to attract attention from PDS and help the "real" missiles get
> through.  Acts as a Screen-1 for all missiles within 6".  Reduce the
> effective radius by 1" for each missile hit by PDS fire.

I like this one too.  Given the fact that you're giving up the combat
potential for a missile salvo, these could have the same cost as the
standard missile salvos.  Since the protection provided is minimal,
these
would be used for massed missile shots.  Three salvos of standard
warheads
has equivalent damage probabilities as two standard with one ECM salvo.

Jon

Prev: Sandhurst Next: Re: [FT] SMR's