Prev: Re: [FT] MT missile control Next: Re: [FT] SMR's

[FT] SMR's

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:06:39 -0500
Subject: [FT] SMR's

While we're on the "missiles" topic, I've thought up other "loads" for
missiles:

Powered Armor Marines
Instead of a warhead, SMR's may carry a Powered Armor assault team.
Each PA trooper (and his shell of radar-and-shock-absorbing foam, plus
penetration aids) rides a missile.  PDS fire doesn't necessarily kill
the trooper but it does mean he misses his rendezvous with the target
ship.

Penetration Aid
Each missile in this rack carries spoofers, jammers, radar targets,
etc, to attract attention from PDS and help the "real" missiles get
through.  Acts as a Screen-1 for all missiles within 6".  Reduce the
effective radius by 1" for each missile hit by PDS fire.

(I'll let Oerjan come up with the costs for these <g>)

Prev: Re: [FT] MT missile control Next: Re: [FT] SMR's