Prev: Re: New guy Next: Re: New guy

Re: ReWho said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 10:30:38 +1000
Subject: Re: ReWho said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

G'day Nik,

>This is what weapons races are all about. Also look at the history of
the
>Battle of the Coral Sea.  And if Beth had used her nova cannons and
wave
>guns to good use then	this may not of happened.;)

Hey it was my first game with that race (alien race with wave guns,
relfex
shields, PDS, some railguns and no other conventional weapons), I know I
screwed up (this race is going to be a challenge to play), but I do
still
think there's a problem to be sorted - I do like the suggestion that PDS
can fire at any fighter within 6" (so long as the fighter is not
attacking
another ship at the time) and that ADFC let you loan PDS OR fire at
fighters within 12".

>Beth is right in that the current run of novas and waves have been
doing
>poorly, but this comes from everyone going "F#@K a wavegun/nova cannon.
Its
>coming straight for us, shoot it" and also with experienced players,
their
>ships tend not to end up 2" right in front of one, I don't care how
cocky
>you are its just not a good look.

I do agree that wave gun ships do tend to become a target, however
compared
to other weapons in the game I don't think they do 'mega damage'
anymore.
As for experienced players not ending up 2" away... well we'll just see
what one particular ESU admiral has to say to that one! ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: New guy Next: Re: New guy