Prev: Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics Next: [FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X

DS - BUGS!!!

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:59:55 -0500
Subject: DS - BUGS!!!

Hi Guys and a Gal,

I've got a small wave of bugs on order from GZG (11 packs coming plus
the 1 I already have...), and need to develop stats for them in DS.  My
current idea is that they move like powered armor (6" with the same
restrictions), take 5 valid damage points to destroy from the front (the
heavy frontal carapace), 4 valid damage points on the sides and rear,
draw 4 chits in close assaults, have no range fire capability, and are
always veteren units.  Bugs can attack vehicles in close assaults.  They
draw 4 chits per bug and only yellow chits count.  Bugs are organized in
to "swarms" of about 12 bugs each.  If a swarm ever get a rout result,
they immediately go beserk and automatically pass all confidence checks
for the rest of the game.  Each bug in a swarm is an individual target.
Bugs can be shot at by vehicle weapons as either infantry, or as size
class 1 targets.  Any valid damage points will kill one bug, if the bug
was engaged as a size class 1 target.

Comments and ideas would be very much appreciated.

IAS

Prev: Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics Next: [FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X