Prev: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation Next: Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics

Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:17:53 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

>I'm in the mood for a good argu... err discussion <g> and so I've
decided
>to ask a question that's been bugging me for ages. Why do you guys
think
>the wave gun and nova cannon are unbalanced (as evidenced by the
reactions
>to the initial UNSC SDN design)?

I think the problem that most have with the Wave and Nova weapons is
that
they potentially allow an inferior tacticial to get 1 lucky shot that
destroys an enormous point value of ships. Thus it's unbalanced from a
points perspective.

Likewise, it's possible to get "unlucky" and have the reverse happen.

Schoon

Prev: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation Next: Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics