Prev: RE: anti fighter missiles Next: RE: anti fighter missiles

Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:53:30 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

G'day John,

>I feel the nova/wave will be somewhat more useful against the smaller
>classes of ships due to the reduced thrust of the 'escort' types.

Reduced thrust? Our escorts are usually the faster ones....

>It is a great SML and fighter broom in either book.

Mmmm, we may be doing something wrong, but we don't fire the nova
cannon/wave gun until the ships fire phase so by then all SMs have gone
in
or missed and so far fighters seem to use their movement to stay out of
range if in arc, then stay out of arc if in range and then boom they're
on
top of you!

>Take that.

I'm not fleet of foot enough to dodge, so I opted to go straight for the
counter attack ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: anti fighter missiles Next: RE: anti fighter missiles