Prev: Re:anti fighter missiles Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

RE: anti fighter missiles

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:31:58 +1100
Subject: RE: anti fighter missiles

The only problem is, how do you resolve movement orders?  Neither
fighters
nor SMLs use written orders.
If the SMLs are placed first, the fighters can automatically avoid them,
or
conversely, if the fighters move first, the SMLs automatically hit.

How about something along the lines of the antimissile system I use for
Honor Harrington?
Each antifighter SML salvo can target a single fighter group in range
(or
split between groups, 1 group per firecon).  The salvo supplies 6 PDS
die to
fire at the target (or split amongst targets), but must be within range
and
arc during the fire phase.  Against ships, it is resolved as PDS with
the
same range & arcs as the SML launcher.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[MKW] - Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu