Prev: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???

Re: Underwater questions [ot]

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:54:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

Donald Hosford wrote:
> Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:
> >	    Now we are describing ATRAGON.  This was an ancient
> >	    Japanese monster movie.  The Atragon was a super sub
> >	    built by the Captain Nemo-esque main character.
> >	    It was a sub, it could slowly fly on belly rockets,
> >	    and it had a giant drill on the nose so it could
> >	    travel through the ground like a giant mole.
>
> Sounds interesting!

	Oh, it gets better.  The evil sub-ocean dwelling
	inhabitants of sunken Lemuria are attacking all us
	surface dwellers with their flame thrower equipped
	submarines, and their pet: Manda the giant sea monster.

	Our heros convince the Nemo character to use his
	super-sub to attack Lemuria.  They use a freeze-gas
	ejector to put Manda into a frozen coma, drill into
	the heart of the Lemurian empire, and plant
	explosive charges on the Lemurian nuclear reactor,
	quick-freezing any Lemurian guards foolish enough to
	attack.

	I forgot where I got my copy, but I'm sure a
	web search should turn up people willing to
	sell you a copy.

	There was a weird Anime version (Super Atragon) which had
	little to do with the original, except for the sub.

Prev: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???