Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:01:18 +1000
Subject: Re: Comments on Independent Antarctics

G'day Oerjan,

>I managed to delete Beth's reply before I could answer it, but I think
>I remember most of what you said:

And I thought I was having a bad day! ;)

>Re - bad spelling: Don't worry; my spelling is lousy as well.
>Throughout the entire post I spelled "individual" as "superior" <g>

Which is exactly the kind I meant. I dug through my spreadsheet and
founding the offending cell mistake by the way thanks (yet to check it
at
home mind you, but I have a feeling I've already fixed it there, guess
this
is definite evidence I should update things!)

>> Erebus Arsenalship: Ha... hm. Design is legal (assuming Superior
>> ECM), but 2 P-torps *and* beams, and only one single FC?
>
>...to which you said "It works". Well, yes, but it can't fire all its
>weapons in a single turn under the published rules :-/

Didn't St^3 Jon clarify that one already? And the guys here have decided
play that way anyway as the p-torp is really just a big gun not a guided
weapon (its an energy discharge and thus should be comparable to beam
weapons not missles, calling it a torpedo is a bit of a misnomer in my
opinion its really more like a cannon I would've thought).

>What did I forget?

Can't remember, I've deleted it too ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]