Prev: Subwar 2050 [ot] Next: Re: Subwar 2050 [ot]

Re: Subwar 2050 [ot]

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <info@t...>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 00:38:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Subwar 2050 [ot]

I think Subwar 2050 was mostly on 3.5, although it was in the
"transitional" era where stuff was also availble on CD, so you could run
into any format there.	The rulebook had several pages of background
material, including a "day in the life of a sub pilot" docu-story.  Sub
stats were pretty well fleshed out (similar to WC stats of the same
time), and there were some pretty cool effects to the game (the afore
mentioned boil-and-fire torpedoes, random biological contacts, and even
thermoclime effects to dodge sonar).  I had the opportunity to try the
game while I was working for Babbage's, but never actually forked over
the dough to buy it.

Take care,

Tre Chipman
info@thewayfareronline.com
http://www.thewayfareronline.com

Prev: Subwar 2050 [ot] Next: Re: Subwar 2050 [ot]