Prev: RE: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt) Next: Re: [OT] Re Underwater questions

Re: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:19:42 +0100
Subject: Re: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field.

Mark wrote:

> Rules:
>
>	MASS: 10	COST:  30
>
> Against Ships:
>
>	The dampening field generates affects ships within a six inch
> radius of the generating vessel.  Any ship that ends it's movement in
> field can not fire during the combat phase nor can it use any thrust
during > the movement plotting phase in the next turn.

Including friendly ships?

>  (The ship will continue to
> drift along on it's current heading and velocity.)  It will remain
this
> way until the ship drifts outside of the field or the field is
> deactivated (either it is turned off or destroyed in a threshold
> check).  There is a  downside to the field:	Although it is
insulated
> from the field's effects, it draws so much power that it also
prevents
> the generating ship from using other weapons and/or maneuvering.  The
> generating ship must note that the field is activated in their
orders.

OK. As long as friendly ships are affected as well :-)

> Against Fighters:
>
>	Any fighter group that ends up in a dampening field can not
attack
> or move until it has somehow left the influence of the field.
>
> Against missiles:
>
>	SMB's can not attack ships that have an active dampening field.

Should be the same as for fighters (ie, missiles - including SMs, MTMs
and SMPs - do not work at all inside the dampening field).

As long as all units, friend or foe, inside the field are affected
equally I don't see any serious problem with it. You're immune from
missiles, fighters and point-blank direct-fire attacks, but you can't
shoot back at all :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt) Next: Re: [OT] Re Underwater questions