Prev: Re: Scale of Stargrunt Next: RE: Underwater questions [ot]

Re: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:56:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US)

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:

> "Mark A. Siefert" wrote:
>
> >	Sorry Donald, I'm afraid that your friend sent you an Urban
Legend:

> > http://www.scambusters.org/otherhoaxes10.html
> >
> >	Don't worry.  I fell for the one about the car and the JATO
rocket pack.

> > Later,
> > Mark A. Siefert
>
> Egad!  I fell for it!  This is embarrassing!	 I withdraw my comments!
 Gads!

> At least the one about the car and the jato pack was funny...

You know, I was about to write exactly the same thing...

In Canada, there was a "Canada Post is going to put a surcharge on
email,
because it's eating their business" thing last winter - I fell for that
one... lots of people did - it made it into the local weekly newspaper
verbatim. Blasted email myths...

Besides, they'll never ban religious broadcasts in the States - all
those
smarmy televangelists have way too much cash, and too many people
convinced that they're for real...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
      -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	      - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: Re: Scale of Stargrunt Next: RE: Underwater questions [ot]