Prev: RE: [SG] Is this legal? Next: RE: Scale of Stargrunt

SDN Bash '99

From: "Nik" <niklinnell@g...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:20:02 +1100
Subject: SDN Bash '99

On Sunday we had our first SDN bash.  The only limitation was that the
ship
had to way in at 250 mass.  11 SDNs made the table but there were 2 late
scratchings as their commanders went off to play DSII. Here are some of
the
designs.  There may be a few inaccuracies

The Yamato, player Alistair
wave gun plus beams
"Watch out for that planet" after losing his drives to needle missiles

The Privateer, player Derek
wave gun, heavy beam projectors, pulse torpedos, and beams
"Big and red, I looked at the model and built it from there"

The Basher, player me(Nik)
50 class 2 beams
"I'll just roll these 85 dices first"

A Centari SDN, player Daniel
Beams only
"I'll just have a smoke whilst you roll those 85 dice, call me for the
next
85"

Something by Beth
Reflex field and all scatter packs
"I couldn't decide which ship to take so I brought ten"
"Come on shoot at me, I dare you shoot at me, please won't some one
shoot at
me"

A Kra'vak SDN, Player Brian
"How many class four railguns?"
"It goes how fast?"
"How many hull boxes"

Pussy Galore, Player Michael
Needle Missiles and beams
"If I sit here in the corner no-one will shoot me"

A NAC carrier, player Steve
no weapons but torp fighters
"How can I reload my torp fighters now" he lost his ship quickly

A Free Arctic States SDN, player Nathan
Beams Only
he didn't say very much

We dropped "strike the colours" didn't help me when my bridge went then
rolled a six for damage
Started a zero velocity "now who wants more than thrust one engines"
Played vector movement with a planet in the middle with 12" gravity well

Of course no one lost and every one won, mainly because we ran out of
time
and had to do our campaign movement.

Cheers
Nik Linnell Tasmania Australia

Prev: RE: [SG] Is this legal? Next: RE: Scale of Stargrunt