Prev: MT Missiles and Vector Next: Re Free Orange Republic ships

Re: Free Orange Republic Ships

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:58:55 +0100
Subject: Re: Free Orange Republic Ships

Laserlight wrote:

> >Well... I can't easily *outrun* MT missiles in Vector - I
> have to dodge
> >in behind them instead, and they can't turn around before
> they run out
> >of endurance.
>
> And how do you work MT missiles in Vector?

So far we've mainly used the MT movement rules rather than giving them
fighter movement - the reason being that "MT missiles doesn't use
fighter movement in MT, so why should they do so in FB" :-/ The main
variant has been to up their speed to 36 without changing their turning
abilities; the only effect of that was to make it easier for them to
overshoot <g>

> While we're discussing missiles and movement, what happens
> if you launch your salvo missiles and wind up as the closest
> object to your aiming point?	Do your missiles have IFF?

Quoting FB, p.9, first paragraf: "...if at the END of movement there is
an enemy ship within 6" of the marker (in any direction) then the
missiles will attack it; if there is more than one potential enemy
target within 6", then the salvo will go for the CLOSER of them."

I don't consider my own ships to be "enemy", but the IF might do so at
times ;-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: MT Missiles and Vector Next: Re Free Orange Republic ships