Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: MT missiles in FB and Vector

[FT] Missiles (was Re: Free Orange Republic Ships)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:11:52 +1000
Subject: [FT] Missiles (was Re: Free Orange Republic Ships)

G'day,

>And how do you work MT missiles in Vector?  My take would be
>24MU/turn for 2 turns, plus one 6MU "secondary movement" per
>fighters.

To put it in 12 words or less, they get 3 CE, can go 18" a turn, no
secondary movement. There the rules Derek posted earlier this year, with
fewer minor things hammered out (like when the controlling ship loses
sensor lock then the missiles must fly along their current course and
attempt to acquire a ships as a target if they get within 6" of it). If
anyone's interested I can repost them if you like.

>While we're discussing missiles and movement, what happens
>if you launch your salvo missiles and wind up as the closest
>object to your aiming point?  Do your missiles have IFF?  Or
>do your colleagues chuckle at your memorial service?

We play it that SMs and MT have got IFF, emines don't. So far there's
been
a lot of Narn memorial services ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: MT missiles in FB and Vector