Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: Deckplan page

Re: Deckplan page

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:46:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Deckplan page

On 28-Oct-99 at 13:42, Matthew Seidl (seidl@vex.cs.colorado.edu) wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:26:38 -0400, Thomas Pope writes:
> >Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm working on the Waldburg next, and already have the "Personell
> >> Shuttle" done.
> >
> >I just posted the shuttle to the page
>
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/miniatures/games/full-thrust/deckplans.htm
> >
> >Comments on the Light Cruiser:
> >
> >- I'd put more of the enlisted bunks together rather than spreading
them
> >all o ut
> >  over the ship.  Whiel you do get the effect of cramming bunks
wherever
> >  they  fit, the impression I got was that the generally had more
> >  centralized  quarters...
> >- No recreation rooms.  One a FSE ship of this size, I'd expect a few
rec
> >area s
> >  like gyms, movie rooms, etc.  Again, perhaps more of a centralized
> >  design.
> >
> >More thougts later...
> >

> That was my opinion as well.	Too many quarters spread all over the
> place, and not enough large gathering places.  4 seperate galleys?
> No gym, no rec space.

Just for a point of reference, the USS America (CV-66) had 4 galleys,
two for crew, one for chiefs, and one for zeros.  That was with approx
5K people onboard.  Of course, we also had a small weight room and a
TV lounge.  Most free time was spent in your workspace watching the
idiot box or playing games.

Roger

Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: Deckplan page