Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

NSL CVL (reply to Mk)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:31:48 +0100
Subject: NSL CVL (reply to Mk)

The list's own dovecot-keeper wrote:

> >On a related note, has anyone developed stats for the NSL, Kaiser
> >Friedrich class light carrier?
>
> Is there a 'Kaiser Friedrich' class CVL for the NSL?

A model, but no official stats... yet <g>

> I couldn't find
> mention of one in any of the text write-ups in the fleetbook (granted
> I just skimmed it quickly again and could have missed the entry).
This
> is the NSL CVL I was calling the HAMBURG-class:
>
> Mass 150
> Strong Hull (15/15/15/15)
> Thrust-2
> FTL
> 10 Armour
> 2xHangar Bay
> 4xPDS
> 3xFireCon
> 3xClass-1
> 2xClass-2 (AP/FP/F, AS/FS/F)
> 3xClass-3 (AP/FP/F, AS/FS/F, FP/F/FS)

Looks good. I'm tempted to make the hull Average (just like the MvB BB
and the smaller ships), adding a third fighter bay and a fourth C3
(FP/F/FS) for extra offensive punch - but that'd make the offensive
armament heavier than that of the Szent Istvan-class BDNs from which it
was derived in addition to the extra fighters <g> Jon (GZG), was this
the one you were thinking of at SELWG?

> CVL - While not many in number, the NSL do have a light carrier - the

> HAMBURG class. Like most all NSL vessels, this ship was meant to go >
up against its opposition directly, not hang back like NAC carriers do.

> Thus limited in its fighter-carrying capacity, it compensates for it
with an > offensive punch that makes the enemy take notice. The only
'drawback' > to this is that the ship has the same armor value as the
MARIA VON
> BURGUND-class battleships, although is has a Mass value of 30 greater
> than the same.

...and of course its Strong hull is almost twice as durable as the
Average hull of the MvB class :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book