Prev: Who was Collins? Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...

Re: [FT] Dereks OU (was UN SDN stuff)

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:11:57 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Dereks OU (was UN SDN stuff)

Beth Fulton wrote:

> Derek has been hammering away at this stuff for a while and thought it
was
> about time it saw the light of day in general. He knows a few of you
other
> guys have put some long hours into your OU stuff and isn't trying to
get up
> your nose, its just that he thought the figs were cool and got
inspired ;)

Actually they fit in rather well with the OU as I envisaged it.

> The Battlesquadron it self is
> homeported at Fleetbase XXXXXXX in the BD +35° 2270 star system.

No, that's Fleetbase XXXX, pronounced Fourex.

> A further four of the class is currently under construction.

..if they can scrape up the money to build 'em...

> Overall design scheme.
>
> The premier strike arm of the OUDF Navy are the carriers and their
> fighters, fighter strikes are used in concert with large numbers of
'More
> Thrust' missiles from the battleline and cruisers to destroy enemy
vessels.
> The battleline is used to protect the much more fragile carriers by
> interposing themselves between the carriers and a potential threat.
>
> Most of the OUDF Navy vessels have a thrust rating of 4. But there are
> exceptions; the Collins class battlecruiser is one.
>
> 'More Thrust' missiles are the primary armament of the cruiser-sized
vessels.

> Salvo missile racks are used on the carriers and destroyer sized
vessels.

Sounds good to me. A doctrine that makes sense. MTs to plink off
escorts, Combined MT + ERS + Fighters in the first wave, then MRS and
surviving fighters in the second.

Not that it always, or even usually, works. But it is credible.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Who was Collins? Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...