Prev: RE: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Re:3D Tactical Combat Display

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:53:09 -0700
Subject: Re:3D Tactical Combat Display

At 10:52 AM -0400 10/26/99, Keith Watt wrote:
>Hi folks -
>
>   I just finished building a 3D combat display that allows fighting 3D
>space battles (using counters on magnets) that I thought I'd show off a
bit.
>I used the BattleFleet: Mars maps, but anything would work.  I've got
>pictures and such on the Exodus Project site,
>http://www.ExodusProject.com/3DCombat, if you're curious.

That's very nice ! We played Vector 3 back in grade school (weird
kids, long story, tractor beams taught me negative numbers) a lot,
and that's the same tactical system. We used binders, sheet
protectors and dry-erase markers to achieve the same effect. I think
the magnetic aspect is a fine addition to the technique. I've gotta
get more magnetic counter clips, I've got seven metal doors in this
apt, and only one game on them.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: RE: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft