Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

From: "Kent Nordstrom" <knord@q...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:38:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

>>[Controversy over naming subs "Corpus Christi"
>
>Yep.  That was a new Ohio class boomer.  The name caused quite a stir.

Actually, it was a Los Angeles-class attack boat.  Boomers are named
after
states (like battleships of old; I suppose 24 Tridents is the modern
equivalent of 9 x 16"...).  Attack subs are named after cities (like
cruisers used to be).  As I recall, the objections were moderated
slightly
by changing the name to "USS City of Corpus Christi."

Kent

Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft