Prev: KV unofficial FB conversions Next: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions

Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Excerpts from mail: 26-Oct-99 Re: Starship deck plans, fi.. by Thomas
Pope@cs.cmu.edu

> > Are you planning on depicting the ships' main weapons in any way ?
>
> I don't think so.  The problem with the main weapons is that they're
really no
> modelled on the miniature itself, and I don't want to add external
detail that
> 's
> not already present (expect for artistic license bits)
>
> Another problem is that I have no idea how to model a 360deg class 1
battery.

> None of the NSL ships have turrets modeled, so I'm assumiong it's some
kind of

> multiple emitter array.  My solution is going to be just leave them
out, unles
> I either have a cool idea how to model them or they are obvious on the
model
> itself.

You could model them as a bunch of ball-mounted small tubes scattered
around the perimeter of the ship.  Basically, get a small (1 cm?) wooden
sphere, drill a hole through it, slice off a bit of the sphere at one
end of the hole, and insert a tube (brass or aluminum or something from
the art store) into the hole.  Then mount the flat side of the sphere
(where you cut off the small bit) on the ship's side.  That way, you'd
get 360 degree coverage without sacrificing space in the ship.

Prev: KV unofficial FB conversions Next: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions