Prev: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...) Next: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...

Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:52:16 +0100
Subject: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Thomas Pope wrote:

> - Bridge
> - Engineering
> - Galley (very small)
> - Crew Quarters (3 bunks for 5 ratings)
> - Officer's Quarters (2 bunks for 2 officers)
> - Captain's Quarters
> - Airlock
> - Escape pod
>
> Thoughts?

Stores area ? You need somewhere to keep the biscuits and salt beef ;-)
Armoury ? The ship's crew must have access to personal weapons of some
sort, and
this will presumably be locked up.
I take it that you're assuming that weapons stations are all on the
bridge (a fair
assumption in a ship that small).
How about PDS mounts ? These could be Millenium Falcon style manned gun
turrets
(unlikely I agree, but more interesting for a skirmish game). They're
certainly
more likely to have independant FC stations than the main armament.

Are you planning on depicting the ships' main weapons in any way ?

Tony

Prev: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...) Next: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...