Prev: Re: COMBAT MANOUEVRE SIMULATION CENTRE Next: Re: Is Mark Kochte out there ?

Re: COMBAT MANOUEVRE SIMULATION CENTRE

From: Mike.Elliott@b...
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:39:27 +0100
Subject: Re: COMBAT MANOUEVRE SIMULATION CENTRE

Tom Mouat is a friend of mine. Wargamer, serving officer in the British
Army in charge of the
only Battlefield simulator we Brits currently have.

Great guy, member of Wargame Developments (of which I too am a member).
Designs great games.
See his web page at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TomMouat/

I think you are referring to the Wargame Developments web site
(http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~warden/) which
is run by Bob Cordery (another friend of mine). There is a link from
there
to Tom's site where you will find the Trafalgar stuff under
Applications,
also the op report stuff and several other goodies (check it out!!).

I also think you are referring to the annual weekend conference run by
WD
called "Designing Military Conflict Simulations" (DMCS) also known as
COW
(Conference of Wargamers). The connection with DSII and SGII is that
both
games have been run as playtest sessions at previous COWs (by yours
truly)
and this last year at the 1999 event I ran a playtest of FMA.

I have been involved in WD for nearly 20 years and probably as a result
of
that got into designing games with Jon T. Never managed to get him to
join.....(I think he's too busy).

Hope that helps.

Mike Elliott

Does anyone know any thing about these guys or Major TN Mouat MBE RLC, I
think that I found there stuff on a web page with SGII and DSII stuff.
If
I'm wrong then they atleast have the fallowing files:
*list of the people who died at Trafalger
*formes for writing up op reports
Any help on this could be very helpfull!
-Stephen

***
Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to
anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.
**

Prev: Re: COMBAT MANOUEVRE SIMULATION CENTRE Next: Re: Is Mark Kochte out there ?