Prev: Star General [OT] Next: RE: [FT][DS][URL]Site update

Re: UN Fleet "cutter" names, slightly OT

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:22:05 +1000
Subject: Re: UN Fleet "cutter" names, slightly OT

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> > OOTR:  Another point of Cutter type vessels is that they are not
designed to
> > stand and fight.  So prolly no armor (again at least until the war
is
> > underway).
>
> Typically a cutter is underfitted with minimal systems. In time of
war,
> then they are outfitted with more weapons/sensors/ECM/Commo gear. One
> would probably only find them with more than enough armament to deal
with
> ships in a Law Enforcement enviornment. However as there is a state of
> war during the time of 2183, I'd say the Cutters would be fitted out
> the DE or FF level depending on hull size/intended purpose...

...hence the OU Freemantle class patrol vessel that's in the ship list.
Basically, a Super-Destroyer sized ship armed with a single class 1
beam, but with bolt-on upgrades to make it a true fleet Super-Destroyer.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Star General [OT] Next: RE: [FT][DS][URL]Site update