Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal) Next: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:06:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

Tim Jones wrote:

> >The metal metlas at a relatively low temperature. (no idea how
> >low, but it does not affect the plastic if spilled)	It is VERY
brittle, but
> >fairly strong.
>
> Sounds like whitemetal solder which melts at about 90C.
> You probably find they turn to a puddle under a hair
> dryer or if left in a car in the summer.

Really?  That's even lower temperature than I thought.	I'd figured it
was
melting at least above the boiling point of water.

I'll toss one into a cup of boiling water tonight and see what happens.
If they
really melt that THAT low a temperature, they might not be good for
gaming
(especially the hot car thing)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal) Next: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)