Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships....

Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

On 25-Oct-99 at 10:44, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (schoon@aimnet.com) wrote:
> >OK, Here is another shot at stats.
>
> For both ships, I think that a weak hull makes them too much of an
> egg-shell.

As far as I can tell he's using the technique of giving it a weak
hull and using the remainder to buy armour.  If you play with it
a bit you find that this makes it significantly harder to get the
first threshold, harder for the second, slightly more difficult for
the third, and the same for the fourth.  I have taken to designing
everything bigger than an escort cruiser this way.

> I could punch it out with a BB.

I wouldn't count on it.

> Once again, I think that adding in the unbalanced weapons (Wave and
Nova
> guns) is a bad idea.

I definately agree with this.  I would prefer not to see any
"theoretical"
weapons.

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships....