Prev: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix Next: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix

Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:39:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix

> Can I ask a quick question? You've got two UN ships in one photo.
Front
> looks the same but the engine sections are different. Are these
actually
> separate models or is it down to you not sticking a couple of the
engines
> on the smaller one?

The two engined ship is a superdreadnought SDN and the four engined
one is an extended range superdreadnought (SDN-X).

Having seen these ships in the flesh (so to speak) on Saturday and
having bought the SDN-X, I can say that they look every bit as
wonderful as the photos suggest.

I'd say that the SDNs aren't as big as some people have thought
(judging by the suggested stats posted earlier). Visually comparing
them with the Jeanne D'Arc in the next display case, I'd say that the
SDN-X wouldn't be a lot more massive and the SDN may be slightly
smaller. And presumably the extra mass on the SDN-X would fuel,
supplies, etc. rather than weaponry.

	Steve (who dragged himself out of bed and went to SELWG with a
hangover mainly to buy this ship within ten minutes of the doors
opening...)

--
Steve Pugh <steve@pugh.net>
The Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers

Prev: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix Next: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix