Prev: Re: UN Fleet ship names Next: UN Fleet "cutter" names, slightly OT

Re: A question of scale

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 08:42:14 -0600
Subject: Re: A question of scale

>> It's probably too much to hope that this would be _the_ dropship
isn't
>> it?
>
>This one is a sort of 'not-Space 1999-Eagle' ship. The same
configuration with
>seperate cargo module etc, but not identical in detail. I decided that
it would
>be almost impossible to duplicate the girder work on an Eagle in a
white-metal
>casting without ending up with a model that would be fiddly to cast and
assemble
>and delicate on the table.

I've seen a nice plastic model (either 1/48 or 1/64, I think the former)
of the Space 1999 lander at the Toy Liquidators for about $10. (I've
almost
bought it a couple of times. Then I thought about the accumulation
downstairs and decided not to. I'll probably break down soon.)
I don't recall the name, but it's the one with the wedge-like cockpit
and otherwise looks like a string of packing crates in a steel
framework,
with outpod lift engines and a space-shuttle-like main engine. Is that
the Eagle? But the size and price are right.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: UN Fleet ship names Next: UN Fleet "cutter" names, slightly OT