Prev: Re: [SGII] Kzinti Next: Hoka figures

RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:57:57 -0400
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

I second this motion!
I looked all day for your site yesterday (I found it by accident 3 times
on
Tuesday) to point to the Japanese fighter you have displayed.
Jon T., I think that this would be a good picture for inspiration when
you
design the Japanese ships. This is _EXACTLY_ what I pictured for the
Japanese (just put a trigger on the lower part and it looks like a gun
used
by a Mech). The ship pictured could be a destroyer or cruiser depending
on
its size. The contoured and radial-beveled design is the way to go with
the
Japanese fleet. It seems to combine a sense of artistic/elegance with
deadly
functionality.

When you do get around to doing the LLAR, I would think that it may be
worth
it to investigate a fleet doctrine based on carriers (micro-mega).

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

FSE
> >> cruisers, perhaps.  I like the NSL and similar looking ships, but
> they're
> >> way too bulky to be Japanese. :)  Anyway, that's just my take on
the
> >> matter.
> >
> >Perhaps some variation on the elipsoid-looking ships from Star Wars?
> >(escape-from-Hoth ship from ESB and part of the fleet in RoTJ)
> >Interesting designs, and very sleek looking.  Plus they'd have other
> >uses...
>
> I've gotta go with the list on this one. I always thought of the
Japanese
> fleet as looking very sleek and, well, anime like. Another excuse to
plug
> my teeny, tiney little web site. I've got an image of my (one!)
Japanese