Prev: Re: Alien rules? Next: Re: Ship building.... the hard way...

Re: Alien rules?

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Alien rules?

Excerpts from mail: 20-Oct-99 Re: Alien rules? by John
Crimmins@voicenet.c
> >>I was just thinking we ought to set another list for Alien
Development.

> >Well if you set one up, count me in please.
>
> I'd like to third that.  All we need to do is head to Onelist and get
one
> started....

Make that four.  Not that I have time for this, but oh well....:)

Let's see...from what's been suggested so far, we could look at
-background ideas (societal structure, etc)
-tactical psychology
-strategic psychology
-alternative senses (smell, hearing, sonar/radar, motion detection (for
herbivore-based critters), maybe others - taste and touch don't work too
well, being close-range)
-alternative weapons (mind control, infestation, terror, etc.)
-alternative victory conditions/goals

and there are probably things I've missed, too.

Prev: Re: Alien rules? Next: Re: Ship building.... the hard way...