Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Re: A question of scale

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:22:42 -0400
Subject: Re: A question of scale

Tony Francis wrote:

> You talk in the past tense as if I've already made it ...
> At the moment it exists on paper only !

Ahh, my mistake.

> However, the answer is yes, that's one way to build it. My plan was to

> abandon the girders completely and go for a something more solid. The
> command module would be squared off so that it looks like the command
unit
> on some of our FT models (eg the Reshef, Peled, Yoffe, Yafo, and
Laskov to
> name but a few).  That way it fits nicely into the SemFed design style
but
> is still just about recognisable (with a squint in a dark room) as an
> Eagle.

Personally, I'd rather have a 'close as possible' not-eagle, but it
sounds like an interesting ship design nonetheless.  Especially if you
make a modular cargo compartment in the 1/300 version.	Then you've got
a cargo lifter, a troop transport, a rescue ship, etc...

Still, I'd love an honest-to-goodness not-eagle in both scales.  As if
you didn't have enough other projects to keep you busy.  :-)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!